2nd IEEE International Workshop on
Services Integration in Pervasive Environments
July 19, 2007, Istanbul, Turkey
In conjunction with the IEEE
Program available !
Download Call For Participation
Download Call For Papers
In the last years, service-oriented computing and pervasive computing are emerging as the next computing paradigms. Service-oriented computing allows to easily develop, publish and use software functionalities. Pervasive computing rests on mobile and/or embedded devices, available anywhere and anytime, that can potentially provide services. Bringing these two trends together raises the new challenge of integrating/unintegrating, in an application, non-predefined services just discovered in the pervasive environment.
Three main sub-areas of this challenge are tackled in this workshop:
welcome the submission of papers from the full spectrum of issues related to services integration in pervasive environments. The list of topics includes, but is not limited to:
- Frameworks/Infrastructures for services integration: different developing frameworks exist and can be used or modified to ease services integration; different deployment infrastructures also exist and can be adapted to take into account the pervasive nature of the environment.
- Services interactions: allowing non-predefined services to interact implies to have 'smart' and adaptive matching and communication mechanisms.
- Dynamic combining of services: because pervasive environments are highly dynamic, the integration of services needs to be aware of context changes to choose the more appropriate combining/deployment techniques.
are invited to submit original manuscripts, which should be written in English
and with a very precise and concise presentation of no more than 6 pages in IEEE
double-column format. Authors are invited to send their manuscripts as an attachment
(PDF or PS format) by email to the workshop chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission
implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present
the paper. Workshop proceedings will
be included in the IEEE edition of the ICPS conference, and also available on
- Developing frameworks for services integration
- Deployment infrastructures for services integration
- Semantic services discovery and matching
- Adaptive communication protocols for pervasive services
- Context-aware integration
- Aspect-oriented approaches in pervasive environments
- Services composition and choreography in pervasive environments
- Integration strategies
- Monitoring and management of services integration
- Contracting and negotiating approaches of integration
- Ontologies of integration
- Secure pervasive integration
- Business integration approaches for pervasive services
- Enterprise service integration
- Autonomic integration
April 6, 2007 April 11, 2007 Closed
April 20, 2007 April 30, 2007
version of papers:
April 30, 2007 May 9, 2007
date: July 19, 2007
- Yolande Berbers -- (KU Leuven, Belgium)
- Tarak Chaari -- (INSA Lyon, France)
- Filip De Turck -- (Ghent University, Belgium)
- Didier Donsez -- (University Joseh Fourier, France)
- Stéphane Frénot -- (INRIA / INSA Lyon, France)
- Nikolaos Georgantas -- (INRIA, France)
- Sajid Hussain -- (Acadia University, Canada)
- Noha Ibrahim -- (INRIA / INSA Lyon, France)
- Julia Kantorovitch -- (VTT, Finland)
- Rüdiger Kapitza -- (FAU-Erlangen, Germany)
- Frédéric Le Mouël -- (INRIA / INSA Lyon, France)
- Nicolas Le Sommer -- (University of South Brittany, France)
- Michael Marschollek -- (Technical University Braunschweig, Germany)
- Chris Nugent -- (University of Ulster, United Kingdom)
- Jorge Parra -- (IKERLAN, Spain)
- Pravin Pawar -- (University of Twente, The Netherlands)
- Philippe Roose -- (University of Pau, France)
- Ichiro Satoh -- (NII, Japan)
- Sotirios Terzis -- (University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom)
- Andrew Tokmakoff -- (Philips Research, The Netherlands)
- 08h15 - 08h30 : Opening -- Frédéric Le Mouël,
Stéphane Frénot (INRIA Ares / INSA Lyon, France)
- 08h30 - 10h00 : Session 1 -- Services Interactions
"Fuzzy-based Support for Service Composition in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks"
Guenter Prochart, Reinhold Weiss (Graz University of Technology, Austria), Reiner Schmid, Gerald Kaefer (Siemens AG, Germany)
"Web Service Choreography Conformance Verification in M2M Systems through the piX-model"
Gregory Van Seghbroeck, Filip De Turck, Bart Dhoedt, Piet Demeester (Ghent University, Belgium)
"A formal-logic-based language for describing device interoperability"
Sattisvar Tandabany (University of Grenoble, France, Hokkaido University, Japan), Marie-Christine Rousset (University of Grenoble, France), Yuzuru Tanaka (Hokkaido University, Japan)
- 10h00 - 10h30 : Coffee break
- 10h30 - 12h00 : Session 2 -- Services Deployment
"Dynamic Selection of Interactive eHomeCare Services"
Sofie Van Hoecke, Kristof Taveirne, Filip De Turck, Bart Dhoedt (Ghent University, Belgium)
"An Ontology-based Approach to Semantically Deploy Services in Pervasive Environments"
Hajer Chamekh, Frédéric Le Mouël (INRIA Ares / INSA Lyon, France)
"Privacy-Aware Service Integration"
Pierre Parrend, Stéphane Frénot (INRIA Ares / INSA Lyon, France), Sebastian Höhn (Albert-Ludwig University, Germany)
- 12h00 - 13h30 : Lunch
- 13h30 - 15h00 : Session 3 -- Context-aware Services
"Mapping XML to OWL for seamless information retrieval in context-aware environments"
Nassim Kobeissy, Marc Girod Genet, Djamal Zeghlache (Institut National des Telecommunications, France)
"Context-aware Specialization of Semantic Rules for choosing Services in Pervasive Environments"
Noha Ibrahim, Frédéric Le Mouël (INRIA Ares / INSA Lyon, France)
"ERMHAN: A multi-channel context-aware platform to support mobile caregivers in continuous care networks"
F.Paganelli, E. Spinicci (Universitario per le Telecomunicazioni, Italy), A. Mamelli (Hewlett-Packard Italiana, Italy), R. Bernazzani (Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Piacenza,Italy), P. Barone (Hewlett-Packard Italiana, Italy)
- 15h00 - 15h30 : Coffee break
- 15h30 - 16h45 : Round table -- "Challenges and Guidelines for Pervasive Integration" -- Frédéric Le Mouël, Stéphane Frénot (INRIA Ares / INSA Lyon, France)
- 16h45 - 17h00 : Closing -- Frédéric Le Mouël, Stéphane Frénot (INRIA Ares / INSA Lyon, France)
Each talk will last 30mn (20mn presentation, 10mn questions).
Registration fees: 200 euros.
Online registration is open in the ICPS'07 registration web page.
To find hotel information and venue details, refer to ICPS'07 web site.
European Amigo Project